Diamant Cycle Works was founded near the city of Chemnitz in 1885. They had quite a number of racing successes, particularly in the 1950s and 1960s when they supplied the East German racing teams. They won world road racing championships two years running, in 1959 and 1960. In their day, the bikes were the pinnacle of technological development, featuring many alloy components. The company was later privatized and sold to Trek (USA) in 2003. Below is a Type 67 (date of production: 03.08.1939). Note the extensive use of alloy components, unusual for 1939, and the wooden rims. Click here for the current Diamant web site.