The Editor has received notification of the following jumble sale.
Date: Saturday 3rd March 2018.
Event title: Grand Mid-Wales Cycle Jumble and Auction (including surplus items from the
Venue: Royal British Legion, Tremont Road, Llandrindod Wells LD1 5EB
(on A483 north end of town near Aldi)
Tables: £7 each (set up from 08:30).
Public admission: Prior to 09:30 £3.
>After 09:30 £1.
Auction of surplus museum stores cycles at 11a.m.
Payment: cash only, no debit or credit cards.
Provisional list of cycles to be auctioned (subject to change):
1.22-inch Dawes Super Galaxy c1979 Suntour, Weinmann, GB etc. classic touring
machine of the era (£180)
2.23-inch Holdsworth early 60s, resprayed dark green unused since respray. Sachs
gears, Maes Kint bars and Titan stem, Mafac Racers, Williams 1232 cranks (£200-250 )
3. Rudge roadster, 1930s, 24-inch, complete and original £150
4. Dawes 22-inch frame and forks with chainset, 1930s, with head badge
lightweight model, brown, faded box lining £75
5. Holdsworth c1958, no 27718, yellow, original paintwork, 22-½ inch, Gnutti five pin
splined chainset, Campag GS hubs and pedals, Universal rear brake, Mafac
levers, Brooks, Sprint rims: top quality spec. (£350-400 )
6. Post Office Cycle all original, red of course. If you want one of these
you will want this, £100
7. F H Pratt (Salford Surrey) Ladies cycle, late 50s completely original,
Sturmey etc (£90)
8. Viking multi-sized child cycle early 60s, completely original, based on a
French design. £100
9.Marlboro ladies 20-inch new 1980s, ride away £120
10 Strada folding bike: modern folders, needs repairs £60
11 Hercules Gents light roadster 24-inch, all original, £120 1950s or early 60s
12 Edison (Derbyshire) 1980s low profile time trial bike, mainly high end
Shimano very little used, stunning machine, red /yellow (£200-250 )
13. Longstaff tandem trike 22 ½ / 21-½ superb condition, purple, Shinamo index
gearing, little used £1000.
Set of Racing wheels to suit above machine £TBA
All items offered as is, without waranty.
To book a stall, please contact Steve Griffith on 020 8346 5215. Mobile 07740
923 630 or email email@example.com
The bracketed prices are approximate valuations, sale will be by auction,
all lots will have a reserve price; if the reserve is not met the item will
not be sold.