The Editor is pleased to announce the revival of the Hetchins Event. Hetchins owners, former Hetchins owners, and Hetchins enthusiasts are invited to take part in a one-day ride through the Oxfordshire countryside. This is being sponsored under the aegis of Golden Age Cycles Gallery in Adderbury, Oxfordshire, OX17 3HJ, UK.
1) Park cars at friendly hotel - Castle at Edgehill, Banbury OX15 6DJ (see above).
2) Coffee, breakfast*, chat, at the hotel from 9 a.m.
3) Riders depart 11 a.m. to friendly coffee/cake/lunch* pub around 10-15 miles away; alternative optional convoluted route approx. 25 miles long, arrive ca. 1 - 2 p.m.
4) Ride back to Castle on either the long or short route, arriving 4 - 5 p.m. More coffee & cake as needed.
5) Riders can depart or get changed for dinner.
6) Ca. 6 p.m. evening meal* in the hotel, then depart or stay overnight.
7) Golden Age Cycles Gallery and showroom open for viewing from 8 - 9 a.m. Saturday, or Sunday morning if requested (18 minutes drive from Castle): 6 Station Yard, Adderbury, Oxfordshire, OX17 3HJ
* Price not included in entry fee.
Entry fee: 15 pounds.
For queries and/or booking your place on the ride, please contact:
Brian Reid at T: 01295 722427 / 07952 062201
For booking an overnight at the hotel (night of 9th to 10th Sept. only; 5 rooms currently available),
please contact: Sue at T: 01295 670 255